Phoenix serial killing suspect arrested in deaths of 7

Adjust Comment Print

"This case plagued our community for more than a year, as the mayor mentioned to you, and left behind a trail of victims that included mothers, sons, brothers, sisters and families still mourning the loss of their loved ones", she said at an afternoon news conference before listing each attack.

They said they would be giving out the US$75,000 (€68,442) reward offered for tips, but they would not reveal details about whether the money was going to one person or multiple people.

Saucedo faces the possibility of more than two dozen criminal charges, including murder, aggravated assault and drive-by shootings, Williams said.

Saucedo was already in jail when police identified him as the suspect in the serial shootings.

The Arizona man accused of a string of street shootings in Phoenix is maintaining his innocence.

The gunman committed the murders while driving one of a handful of cars including a black BMW 5-series and a white Cadillac. Those tips led directly to where we are today.

Saucedo was arrested last month in connection with the August 2015 fatal shooting of a man who had a relationship with his mother, 61-year-old Raul Romero. Saucedo is not believed to have personally known any of the victims, except for the first.

Authorities say they don't know the motive behind the shootings.

The case has been dubbed the Serial Street Shooter. Courtesy of ABC15 Arizona and YouTube.

A man has been arrested in connection with a series of shooting attacks in the United States that left nine people dead. Officials indicated there is no evidence he had an accomplice in the shootings. However, they said, none of the evidence between the two series matched.

Tony Parker to undergo season-ending surgery for ruptured left quadriceps tendon
Rockets players, referring to Popovich and the Spurs as a "machine", said they didn't think much would change with Parker out. The Spurs led by six when Aldridge scored all of their points in a 7-2 run to make it 85-74 with about five minutes left.

But he said that the thousands of tips from the public were extremely important in solving the case - even if a very small percentage of them were usable.

Shots were fired into a home on August 12, 2015; no one was hurt. Saucedo only knew Romero, who was the first victim in the shooting spree, and police said they don't know what motivated the killings.

One of the victims, a 21-year-old man who survived being shot at point-blank range on July 11, 2016, while sitting in a auto with his 4-year-old nephew, told Phoenix NBC affiliate KPNX in April that police had recently visited him with several photos of suspects. He died at a hospital.

A 16-year-old boy was wounded while walking in the street at 11:30 p.m. on March 17, 2016.

On June 2, 32-year-old Horacio De Jesus Pena was shot while he stood outside a home shortly before 10pm.

April 1: Diego Verdugo-Sanchez, 21, killed at around 9:00 p.m.

The other victims, including a 12-year-old girl and a 55-year-old woman, seem to have been targeted at random.

Manuel Castro Garcia, 19, murdered outside his home on June 10, 2016.

The bloodiest killings came on June 12 when 33-year-old Stefanie Ellis, her 12-year-old daughter Maleah and 31-year-old friend Angela Linner were gunned down in the street at 3am. All three died of their injuries.

Comments