An hour later, Green passed out in the police station, suffering from a suspected overdose from the white power, which police believe was fentanyl.
Officer Chris Green responded to a traffic stop on Lisbon Street to assist in the search of a vehicle driven by Justin Buckel when suspected drugs were found scattered inside, according to The Morning Journal.
Police told WFMJ that Buckle attempted to rub a white powder into the floor of the auto when Officer Chris Green intervened to stop him.
Back at the police station later that evening, Green noticed some bits of the powdery white substance on his uniform.
An East Liverpool (Ohio) patrolman was almost killed just a few days ago when his skin came in contact with fentanyl, a deadly narcotic stronger than heroin.
As of Sunday, Green is said to be doing fine.
It took four doses of the opioid antidote, Narcan, to revive the officer - the first of which were administered by ambulance crews.
Service-Safety Director Brian Allen also asked City Council Monday night to consider new legislation that would make it illegal for anyone to go back inside a home where drugs have been found until it is thoroughly cleaned.
Opera refreshes browser to allow direct access to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger
"I started talking weird", he said.
Green arrested the two men - Buckle and 24-year-old Cortez Collins.
An Ohio police officer suffered a drug overdose after a routine arrest.
"They called an ambulance for [Green] and the ambulance responded for him", Wright said.
Then, as officers were standing around and talking, someone told Green he had some powder on his shirt. "That's where they are taking the product, they are cutting it with other narcotics -so say you are sitting at the table and a slight breeze comes in and lifts that off the table and you inhale it, changes are you will become extremely ill from it", said Detective Orick.
In response, departments are urging officers to assume that numerous drugs they encounter include the opioid, regardless of what a suspect may say. Going forward, the Chief said his officers will no longer be testing drugs at crime scenes because the health risks are too great.
The substance, a painkiller also used as a recreational drug, is 50 to 100 times more powerful than fellow opioids morphine or heroin. But Green's accidental overdose is another example of Ohio's opiate epidemic and its dangers for police, as well as the public at large. Fentanyl is one hundred times stronger than heroin.
Buckel and Collins were charged with tampering with evidence.